Flush Arbor Instructions & Frequently Asked Questions
When you first receive your Peterson Arbor:
- Unpack the arbor and check to see that all parts are included per the brochure included with your shipment.
- Unscrew the screw at the top of the arbor with the allen wrench included in the small plastic bag and remove the screw and pusher.
- Take the allen wrench and place it in the slot WITHOUT the key and pry upward to release the bushing.
- Install the proper number of spacers to suit your application.
- Example #1: If you install a .25" thickness cutter you would install two .25" spacers to have your cutter be flush with the end of the bushing.
- Example #2: If you install a .375" thickness cutter you would install one .125" spacer and one .25" spacer to have your cutter flush with the end of the bushing.
- If the cutter wobbles, then loosen the screw and pry the bushing upward to release the cutter and make sure that the cutter is seated correctly. Also make sure that all mating surfaces are clean and free of dirt or chips.
- On larger cutters and larger bodies we recommend that when you install an arbor you tighten snugly then tap the end of the bushing (cutter) with a soft hammer (Dead Blow, Plastic or Leather type hammer) and tighten the screw again.
- Right hand and left hand cutters can be run on any Peterson Arbor.